Friday, April 10, 2009

T-minus 44 days!!!

44 days until the wedding! May 30th.

Needless to say, life has been hectic for me for the past few months from the beginning of Spring semester '09!

....which is why I don't blog all that often as I would like! I did mention several "bloggable" moments to Jared to get a rolled eyes reaction from him....and I never followed up on that.

....Mom has been the greatest wedding secretary at home for us, pulling details together, the pictures for the sideshow during the reception, invitations.... any other wedding details you can dream up... it is probably covered by the wedding coordinator, my mother.

So, what this bride-to-be/teacher-to-be is doing to prepare for the wedding?

Well, I am pleased to state that I just took up a COOKING CLASS offered by Augustana for four weeks on Wednesdays at 8pm to 10pm.

Yesterday, I just learned few things.

How to chop up vegetables.

....for as long as I can remember, I've used paring knife.
The chef who was teaching the class raised his eyebrows at me.

"And your hands feel OK after using paring knife on vegetables? French knife is the way to go, as you are able to chop up plenty of vegetables in no time. Rock and chop, rock and chop." He walked away, talking to other students in my class. "Rock and chop!"

AND. I also learned how to hold a knife. (Being a lefty, it's pretty interesting, as I attempted to follow the right-handed chef... awkward.)

...It will take time and practice for me to master the "rock and chop" skill with my lack of enterprise in hand coordination.

I also even learned this factoid during cooking class, margarine is just one molecule away from being a plastic! Eck!

No comments:

Post a Comment